The Quantum Threat
Accelerating advances in quantum computing are threatening today’s encryption methods.
The Quantum Solution
Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) secures the information being transferred through existing communication channels.
The Quantum Future
Our technologies will further be used to build the backbone of a future quantum internet.
SpeQtral designs and manufactures satellite-based quantum communication systems, and provides end-to-end distribution of quantum encryption keys.
- Security essential for critical global communication.
- Encryption with QKD fundamentally uncrackable.
- Additional quantum-secured layer to enhance existing communication networks.
- Quantum networks to deliver secure encryption keys globally.
- State-of-the-art technology in quantum payloads launched and deployed into orbit in nanosatellites.
- Specialization in entanglement-based QKD.
Space Quantum Pioneers
SpeQtral offers commercial space-based QKD founded on technology developed at the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) at the National University of Singapore. Our experienced quantum+space team has been involved with several world firsts.
This group is known for being the first (and only!) team in the world that has demonstrated a miniaturized source of entangled photons in space. Even before that, in the early days of quantum information in Singapore, members of the SpeQtral team were involved in demonstrations of entanglement-based QKD and daylight QKD. This work was followed by high altitude balloon experiments, a launch attempt that ended in a rocket explosion, a successful pair source payload on a CubeSat, and in 2019 the flight of a polarization-entangled source on a CubeSat.