SpeQtral is looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager to join a team of space quantum pioneers at our headquarters in Singapore. We are commercialising quantum communications to prepare the world for the quantum future. Think quantum space lasers, entanglement and military level secure communications. As part of our mission to transform the world’s networks we plan to enable constellations of satellites to provide world-wide entanglement distribution. The earliest application of this is highly secure delivery of encryption keys to facilitate secret communications.
As a Business Development Manager at SpeQtral, you will be working closely with the CEO and will be responsible for the strategic development of the fibre-based Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) business unit. Your role will involve securing new business opportunities and build client relationships across countries in South-east Asia, working with internal stakeholders to ensure overall success of the business unit.
- Develop and execute strategic business plans based on geographical and industry requirements.
- Identify business opportunities and propose suitable solutions to meet customers’ business objectives.
- Build and manage strong business relationships with customers’ key decision makers.
- Work with internal stakeholders (technical, marketing and legal team members and external partners) to achieve sales objectives
- Establish strategies to build pipelines, preparing sales proposals and closing them to achieve sales goals and revenues
- Monitor market developments in the industry and acquire in-depthunderstanding of competitive landscape.
- Present sales forecasts and reports to management.
- Organise and/or participate in Trade Shows to reach out to potential customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in in a technical field (Physics or Engineering) coupled with at least five years of Business Development, Sales or Account Management working experience.
- An MBA qualification is a plus
- Proven track record in business development in the enterprise IT equipment or services related industry
- Understanding of IT, communications and cybersecurity infrastructure in the government and defence, finance, data centres or cloud sectors is preferred
- Fluent in sales account management, account planning, pipeline building and opportunity management
- Regional experience in Southeast Asia countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines) is preferred
- Confident in presenting to multiple levels of management
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills to engage clientele
- Strong business acumen, team player, results-oriented
- Sensitive to cultural & business environment across the region
- Curiosity about working on the forefront of deep tech development
SpeQtral is a global quantum technologies company on a mission to transform the world’s networks for the quantum revolution. Powered by technologies developed at the Centre for Quantum Technologies in Singapore, SpeQtral provides specialized solutions for quantum security to clients concerned about the security of their communications networks and infrastructure. SpeQtral’s core expertise lies in using a space-based quantum platform to establish long distance quantum networks with a global reach.
Submit your application to us under Join Us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.