SpeQtral is looking for a highly motivated electronics engineer to join a team of space quantum pioneers at the office in Singapore. We are commercialising quantum communications to prepare the world for the quantum future. Think quantum space lasers, entanglement and military level secure communications. As part of our mission to transform the world’s networks we plan to launch a constellation of satellites to enable world-wide entanglement distribution. The earliest application of this is highly secure delivery of encryption keys to facilitate secret communications.
At SpeQtral, you would work directly together with a team of scientists and engineers to overcome the technical challenges of quantum communication in the real world.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering with five years of working experience, or master’s degree in electronics engineering with two years of working experience.
- Exceptional academic achievements and/or demonstrated passion for technology through extra-curricular activities
- Curiosity about working on the forefront of deep tech development
Technical skills – must have
- Analog electronics: amplifiers, laser drivers, sensing circuits – the world of quantum communication is built on analog circuits. You have a familiarity with a variety of analog circuits and can implement and modify a design for our purpose.
- Example: detect single photons using avalanche photo diodes and timestamp the detection events
- Digital electronics: microcontrollers, interface protocols (I2C, SPI, USB, etc.), digital circuits and components. You have professional experience in the design and interfacing of digital electronics.
- Example: design of microcontroller boards to control several optoelectronic elements
- PCB design: you have experience in designing and testing PCB boards, including considerations for high speed signals.
- Documentation and quality control: Comprehensive documentation and thorough quality control are required.
Bonus technical skills – experience in any of the following topics is advantageous
- Experience in quantum communication
- Single photon detectors
- Fast pulsed laser drivers
- Time stamping or TDC
Submit your application to us under Join Us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.