SpeQtral is looking for highly motivated electronics engineers to join a team of space quantum pioneers at the office in Singapore. We are commercialising quantum communications to prepare the world for the quantum future. Think quantum space lasers, entanglement and military level secure communications. As part of our mission to transform the world’s networks we plan to launch a constellation of satellites to enable world-wide entanglement distribution. The earliest application of this is highly secure delivery of encryption keys to facilitate secret communications.
At SpeQtral, you would work directly together with a team of scientists and engineers to overcome the technical challenges of quantum communication in the real world.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering with five years of working experience, or master’s degree in electronics engineering with two years of working experience.
- Exceptional academic achievements and/or demonstrated passion for technology through extra-curricular activities
- Curiosity about working on the forefront of deep tech development
- Design, build and test electronics for Quantum Key Distribution systems.
- Collaborate with a team of domain and technology experts implementing solutions based on state-of-the-art and/or cutting-edge R&D
- Prepare user documentation and guides to support the usage of QKD hardware
- Effectively present technical content internally as well as to customers
- Assist with creating commercial and research proposals to support work done at SpeQtral and with partners of SpeQtral
- Other related functions as assigned
Technical skills – must have
- [PRIORITY] Analogue electronics: amplifiers, laser drivers, sensing circuits. Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of analogue circuits and ability to implement and modify existing designs.
- Example: single-photon detection using avalanche photodiodes
- Example: high-frequency laser drivers
- Digital electronics: microcontrollers, interface protocols (I2C, SPI, USB, etc.), digital circuits and components. Professional experience in the design and interfacing of digital electronics.
- Example: design of microcontroller boards to control several optoelectronic elements
- PCB design: experience in design and testing of PCB boards, including considerations for high-speed signals.
- Documentation and quality control: Comprehensive documentation and thorough quality control are required.
Bonus technical skills – experience in any of the following topics is advantageous
- Experience in quantum communication
- Single photon detectors
- Fast pulsed laser drivers
- Time stamping or TDC
- Space electronics
SpeQtral is a global quantum technologies company on a mission to transform the world’s networks for the quantum revolution. Powered by technologies developed at the Centre for Quantum Technologies in Singapore, SpeQtral provides specialized solutions for quantum security to clients concerned about the security of their communications networks and infrastructure. SpeQtral’s core expertise lies in using a space-based quantum platform to establish long distance quantum networks with a global reach.
Submit your application to us under Join Us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.