SpeQtral is looking for a highly motivated mechanical design engineer to join a team of space quantum pioneers at the office in Singapore. We are commercialising quantum communications to prepare the world for the quantum future. Think quantum space lasers, entanglement and military level secure communications. As part of our mission to transform the world’s networks we plan to launch a constellation of satellites to enable world-wide entanglement distribution. The earliest application of this is highly secure delivery of encryption keys to facilitate secret communications.
At SpeQtral, you would work directly together with a team of scientists and engineers to overcome the technical challenges of quantum communication in the real world.
- Master’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering or similar, alternatively: Bachelor’s degree or similar with 2 years of working experience
- Curiosity about working on the forefront of deep tech development
Technical skills – must have
- Proficiency in CAD software, particularly SolidWorks.
- Experience in designing and working with precision mechanical systems, especially for optical applications.
- Knowledge of fabrication methods and materials for mechanical components.
- Some familiarity with thermal analysis, stress analysis and finite element analysis
- Documentation and presentations: You have strong written and spoken communication skills. Writing comprehensive documentation for manufacturing, assembly and design reviews.
Bonus technical skills – experience in any of the following topics is advantageous
- Mechanical design for space hardware
- Optics modelling, e.g. Zemax
- Environmental testing
- FEA modelling
- Thermal and thermoelastic modelling
- Spacecraft systems engineering
Submit your application to us under Join Us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.