SpeQtral is looking for a highly motivated Optical Ground Station Engineer to join a team of space quantum pioneers at the office in Singapore. We are commercialising quantum communications to prepare the world for the quantum future. Think quantum space lasers, entanglement, and military level secure communications. As part of our mission to transform the world’s networks we plan to launch a constellation of satellites to enable world-wide entanglement distribution. The earliest application of this is highly secure delivery of encryption keys to facilitate secret communications.
At SpeQtral, you would work directly together with a team of scientists and engineers to overcome the technical challenges of quantum communication in the real world.
- Master’s degree in science or engineering with demonstrated experience in the field of optical ground stations or freespace optical communications
- Exceptional academic achievements and/or demonstrated passion for technology through extracurricular activities
- Curiosity about working on the forefront of deep tech development
We are looking for an Optical or Systems Engineer to assist in the design, assembly, and operations of SpeQtral’s quantum communications ground station and free space optics systems. Our ground stations will track LEO satellites using a sophisticated bidirectional pointing and tracking architecture and will detect single photons that are emitted from the satellites. In the future, these ground stations will serve as intercontinental nodes of a global quantum network.
For this role, you should be familiar with several of the following fields:
- Optical telescopes and mounts (ideally for satellite tracking)
- Pointing and tracking systems: system design, hardware, spot tracking algorithms
- Free-space optical communications
- Atmospheric turbulence
- Astronomical observations/photography
- Quantum communication
- Classical optics
Additional Technical Skills – experience in any of the following topics is advantageous
- Optical design software (e.g. Zemax)
- Strong coding skills
- Quantum key distribution
Submit your application to us under Join Us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.