SpeQtral is looking for a highly motivated physicist, software developer to join a team of space quantum pioneers at the office in Singapore. We are commercialising quantum communications to prepare the world for the quantum future. Think quantum space lasers, entanglement and military level secure communications. As part of our mission to transform the world’s networks we plan to launch a constellation of satellites to enable world-wide entanglement distribution. The earliest application of this is highly secure delivery of encryption keys to facilitate secret communications.
- Design, build, test, and install software for quantum communications protocols and/or the management of encryption keys in simulated, laboratory, and production environments for secure embedded systems in satellites and secure IT hardware on the ground.
- Collaborate with a team of domain and technology experts implementing solutions based on state-of-the-art and/or cutting-edge R&D
- Facilitate interactions between physicists, engineers and software developers to ensure that requirements are correctly specified and that code is effective. This includes considering the device physics of the hardware (e.g. detectors) and the physics principles for quantum communication
- Prepare user documentation and guides to support the usage and operations of data systems and APIs supported and/or developed at SpeQtral
- Effectively present technical content internally as well as to customers
- Assist with creating commercial and research proposals to support work done at SpeQtral and with partners of SpeQtral
- Other related functions as assigned
- Batchelors degree in physical sciences with 3+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of, at least, the modern programming languages C, C++, and Python
- The ability to learn, adapt, and teach new technologies to enable new capabilities or improve on existing ones based on the needs of the technical team
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting technical scientific and/or communications applications or workflows in a production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
At SpeQtral, you would work directly together with a team of scientists and engineers to overcome the technical challenges of quantum communication in the real world.
One or more of the following qualifications are strongly desired:
- Masters degree or higher level qualification in Physics, Computer Science, or other related domain science field with a strong background in software engineering, mathematics, and analytics
- Experience developing software for quantum communications and/or photon detectors.
- Familiarity with developing software for embedded systems
- Experience architecting and managing the development of software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems in general as well as the environments they operate in
- Familiarity with developing highly secure cryptographic systems
- Experience with scientific data acquisition systems
- Excellent problem solving and strategic thinking skills
Submit your application to us under Join Us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.