SpeQtral is looking for a highly motivated quantum optics engineer or scientist to join a team of space quantum pioneers at the office in Singapore. We are commercialising quantum communications to prepare the world for the quantum future. Think quantum space lasers, entanglement and military level secure communications. As part of our mission to transform the world’s networks we plan to launch a constellation of satellites to enable world-wide entanglement distribution. The earliest application of this is highly secure delivery of encryption keys to facilitate secret communications.
At SpeQtral, you would work directly together with a team of scientists and engineers to overcome the technical challenges of quantum communication in the real world.
- Master’s degree in physics (with specialization in quantum optics, information or communication) + five years of working experience in a relevant field, or PhD in quantum optics, information or communication + 2 years of working experience in a relevant field
- Exceptional academic achievements
- Track record of publications and/or conference presentations in a relevant field
- Curiosity about working on the forefront of deep tech development
- Oversee the design and development of quantum and optics hardware and software systems
- Lead a team of domain and technology experts implementing solutions based on state-of-the-art and/or cutting-edge R&D
- Effectively present technical content internally as well as to customers or partners
- Assist with creating commercial and research proposals to support work done at SpeQtral and with partners of SpeQtral
- Other related functions as assigned
- Quantum optics: Experience with optical systems that operate in the single photon regime. Familiarity with measurements and analysis of quantum states, specifically for polarization encoding.
- Examples: quantum state tomography, polarization entangled photon sources, weak coherent pulsed sources, single photon sources.
- Free-space optical communications: Experience with transmitting photons over long distances through free space optical channels.
- Examples: LIDAR, gaussian beam propagation, optical communications.
- Quantum key distribution: Experience with quantum key distribution systems, free-space or fibre based.
Bonus technical skills – experience in any of the following topics is advantageous
- Optical design software (Zemax)
- Quantum key distribution software
- Electronics engineering
- Data analysis
- Quantum communication theory, e.g., QKD protocols
- Space-to-ground QKD
- Optical communications
- Control theory
SpeQtral is a global quantum technologies company on a mission to transform the world’s networks for the quantum revolution. Powered by technologies developed at the Centre for Quantum Technologies in Singapore, SpeQtral provides specialized solutions for quantum security to clients concerned about the security of their communications networks and infrastructure. SpeQtral’s core expertise lies in using a space-based quantum platform to establish long distance quantum networks with a global reach.
Submit your application to us under Join Us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.