SpeQtral is looking for a highly motivated systems engineer to join a team of space quantum pioneers at the office in Singapore. We are commercialising quantum communications to prepare the world for the quantum future. Think quantum space lasers, entanglement and military level secure communications. As part of our mission to transform the world’s networks we plan to launch a constellation of satellites to enable world-wide entanglement distribution. The earliest application of this is highly secure delivery of encryption keys to facilitate secret communications.
At SpeQtral, you would work directly together with a team of scientists and engineers to overcome the technical challenges of quantum communication in the real world.
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering or similar with coursework in systems engineering, alternatively: Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or similar with 2 years of working experience
- Exceptional academic achievements and/or demonstrated passion for technology through extra-curricular activities
- Curiosity about working on the forefront of deep tech development
Technical skills – must have
- Systems Engineering: You have a demonstrated familiarity with systems engineering tools and processes such as requirements management, functional flow diagrams and verification and validation plans.
- Engineering development: you are able to translate technical requirements into engineering solutions and not afraid to get your hand dirty setting up lab experiments and tests. By communication effectively you leverage the expertise of the people around you to realize a technical solution that meets the requirements.
- Satellite technology: you have extensive knowledge of spacecraft subsystems in general as well as the environments they operate in.
- Domain expertise: you have detailed knowledge of one of the following: optics, opto-mechanical, electronics, control and/or software engineering
- Project management: you have familiarity with the typical development path of a space system from requirements review to flight readiness review.
- Documentation and presentations: You have strong written and spoken communication skills. Writing comprehensive documentation for design reviews and managing the consistency of documents that domain experts produce comes easy to you. You are expected to effectively present technical content internally as well as to customers.
Bonus technical skills – experience in any of the following topics is advantageous
- Knowledge in relevant software packages: Python/Matlab/C/C++, Catia, SolidWorks, Ansys, Zemax
- Experience in supply chain management
- Optical/quantum communications
- Experience of the entire lifecycle of a spacecraft/instrument
Submit your application to us under Join Us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.